K-2 LACROSSE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Jr. Pioneers K-2 Lacrosse Development Program is specifically designed for our youngest players, in grades K-2. The program is an excellent opportunity for children to learn about lacrosse in a fun and safe environment. Those children beginning Kindergarten in 2021 are eligible to participate.
Kids will learn the basics of throwing, catching, shooting, picking up ground balls and cradling.
The clinic is now going to be hosted by our Somerville High School lacrosse coaches, along with several of the players from their boys and girls varsity teams.
We cannot thank them enough for their support and for helping expose the children to the amazing game of lacrosse!
Groups will be for Kindergarten, as well as Boys (1-2) and Girls (1-2).
All that needs to be provided is a stick and mouthpiece. Goggles are optional for the girls. Soft lacrosse balls will be used as required during training.
Cost of the clinic is $40 - this includes a Jr. Pioneers T-Shirt.
K-2 PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Somerville High School
- Field #1 (Main Turf Field)
- 222 Davenport St., Somerville NJ
Dates & Times:
- Sundays, April 11, 18, 25, May 2, 9
- Kindergarten Coed (9:00-10:00AM)
- Boys Grades 1/2 (10:30-11:30AM)
- Girls Grades 1/2 (10:30-11:30AM)
What You'll Need:
- All players will require a lacrosse stick. If you are interested in purchasing one and need recommendations, please let the club know. If you would like to borrow a stick, please notify the club in advance and one will be made available for use during sessions.
- All players will receive a Jr. Pioneers Lacrosse performance t-shirt. We expect that they will be worn on Sundays!
- Sneakers or cleats are acceptable forms of footwear.
- Players should come prepared with their own water bottle and any other personal items that may be required for participation.
- Please review our COVID-19 Protocols and use your best judgements so we can enjoy a productive spring. Additional guidelines, specific to facility usage at Somerville High School will be shared in the coming weeks.